2.08.2011

I caved.

I ordered an iPhone mostly because I needed something that would actually work in Chicago after I graduate but also mostly because I was sick of everyone else being able to check their e-mails everywhere.

Now, I feel a little guilty, especially after reading all of those articles about how our brains never get a second to process all of the information we feed them. We do not give them a break to contemplate.

My rules for smartphone usage:
no walking and reading the news.
no walking and sending e-mails.
no walking and playing traffic rush.
it is okay to stare outside the window on the orange line and not at a screen.
it is okay to leave an e-mail hanging for some hours.

I hope I don't overwork my brain.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your your rules.
    I thing the best easy rule is not doing more than one thing at a time.
    I do love my iPhone though and it gives me the ability to do so much more, but it is important to know when to say stop to the virtual world.

    Have fun with it! One of the best part is its camera! You going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete